Exciting????? More and more people are realizing the advantages of having a home business. People are either utilizing a home business for tax advantages, financial growth or fun! The home business world is growing rapidly and new companies are popping up every day! If you buy it there is probably a direct sales company for it!
Appalling????? I was shocked to see how many direct sellers abuse the social media system... How? By spamming, by harassing, by falsifying...... you name it! This is what causes distress in people when they hear the words "DS", "MLM", "Network Marketing", etc. Rest assured not EVERYONE is in it to profit off you but a majority are in it to PROFIT WITH YOU.
Embarrassing????? Yes I am embarrassed by the actions people take and the stigma that some have caused to be placed on the home business industry. But I can tell you it's a great industry to be in if you are in it for the right reasons. My mission is to change the stigma!
Here's the low down:
1. If you join a home business make sure it's with a company and product you can stand behind and have a passion about.
2. You are more than likely going to struggle, it's pushing through the struggle that will make you successful.
3. Don't be so quick to blame. I see the comments and posts with reps bashing their sponsors and the companies. In most cases neither was to blame, it was the reps inaction or expectation for the money to just fall off the tree. I challenge you to question and write down the negativities you have in one column and the next column write down what action you took to reverse it.
4. Treat everyone with respect. No matter what is thrown at you try your very best to put a positive spin on it... Sometimes a the pitcher's curve ball turns into a home run! If you see unprofessional behavior, posting, etc. in a social media site you have two choices..... Close it down or be a model for others that may see it... Respond positively, professionally and educationally. What you put out in the www is a reflection of who you are and how others will perceive you. They may even perceive the company and product more positively too!
5. Get to KNOW people first...... Yes, ask questions ABOUT the person you are talking to. It's so frustrating when you are talking or chatting with someone and the conversation in one-sided on their part.... People respect your interest in them and enjoy the relationship.
The best thing about home business for me has been meeting so many wonderful people. You turn on the television and the news is all negative....it's depressing... But the world is not filled with just negativity... Expand your horizons and know in home business you're going to strike out before that home run. Accept it, embrace it and carry on. People will value your resilience, trust me. You have to build a brand and product first to gain respect and popularity... No matter what your home business is you are the brand and the product. Once you realize that you will see more hits than strikes!